1010 S. WABASH, CHICAGO, IL 60605
Tel: 312 663 0222
20 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR ARCHITECT
1. What does the architect see as important issues or considerations in your project? What are the challenges?
2. How will the architect approach your project?
3. How will the architect gather information about your needs, goals, etc.?
4. How will the architect establish priorities and make decision?
5. Who from the architecture firm will you be dealing with directly? Is that the same person who will be designing the project?
6. How interested is the architect in this project?
7. How busy is the architect?
8. What sets this architect apart from the rest?
9. How does the architect establish fees?
10. What would the architect expect the fee to be for this project?
11. What are the steps in the design process?
12. How does the architect organize the process?
13. What does the architect expect you to provide?
14. What is the architect's design philosophy?
15. What is the architect's experience/track record with cost estimating?
16. What will the architect show you along the way to explain the project? Will you see models, drawings, or sketches?
17. If the scope of the project changes later in the project, will there be additional fees? How will these fees be justified?
18. What services does the architect provide during construction?
19. How disruptive will construction be? How long does the architect expect it to take to complete your project?
20. Do you have a list of past clients that your firm has worked with?
20 Questions to Ask Your Architect
20 Questions to Ask Yourself
What do Architects do?
You and Your Architect
COPYRIGHT(C) 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.